Choosing the right finish is key to the success of your woodworking project. Here are a few of the finishes that I use. I have included a few of my Amazon affiliate links below to the products that I use below. If you choice to purchase using these links we do receive a commission which is greatly appreciated!
Polycrlic is our go to choice for interior clear coat finishes. Minwax Polycrylic Protective finish is a water-based product which makes for easy clean up and super fast dry time.
- Low odor, non-yellowing
- Water clean-up
- Ultra fast dry time
SC Johnson Paste Wax works great to add a super smooth finish to your piece of furniture. It is an easy wipe on and off application. This is a finish that will need reapplied as time goes on but because its super easy its not an issue.
- Provides luster, long-lasting beauty and excellent protection.
- Protects metal, sealed leather, plastic, sealed cork and vinyl.
- Easy to use: just apply to surface and buff by hand or with a powered polisher.
Rust-Oleum Varathane Classic Clear Water Based Outdoor Spar Urethane is a great choice for exterior pieces when using over paint. Varathane Classic Clear Urethane is a water based exterior clear coat that provides easy clean up and super fast dry times.
- Elegant design and Smooth finish
- The product is manufactured in United States
- Non-yellowing formula keeps your wood looking great longer
- Outstanding UV and weather resistance
- Low odor
- No brush strokes
- Extra fast drying apply 3 coats in a day